In interior design, “being published” is not optional, it’s required to be recognized.
● Not unlike interior design, PR is a service, so publicists get paid for their time.
● You pay for strategic expertise, industry experience, relationships
● Different providers: Large agencies, boutique agencies, solo consultants
● Different ways to charge: typically retainer - long-term because PR is long term, partnership - they are part of your team; Project; Hourly
● Average cost
○ Retainers $3-5K
○ Hourly rates $100-350
● PR is not cheap and it shouldn’t be!
DIY is an option! There are a lot great free resources, and Get Ink DIY offers a unique program that’s a hybrid of DIY and done-for-you.
Find more info on Get Ink DIY here, or email Mirjam at email@example.com.
Click on the links below for the transcript (show notes) and links referenced in this episode: