This episode focuses on an aspect of brand partnerships that is widely underreported. Mirjam talks to our guest Shanin Polce, a marketing strategist who runs the marketing for PPG/Speakman, about the different ways designers can partner with brands and the benefits of collaborating with smaller companies.
Different kinds of brand partnerships
○ Paid influencer partnerships (often with bloggers)
○ Licensing partnerships (with high-profile designers)
○ “Grassroots partnerships” where brands and interests alig
● Why “smaller” brands are interested in partnering with designers
○ Brand positioning
○ True long-term partnerships, brand advocates
○ Content, especially images!
● Benefits for designers to seek out partnerships with brands
○ Product discounts
○ Access to new products
○ Social/PR exposure and other marketing
○ Cost sharing of photography, or other financial incentives
● How to initiate a relationship
○ Find PR/marketing contact and reach out to introduce yourself
○ Tag brand on social media when you use their products
○ Arrangement must be fair for both sides!
About Designer Discussions
Designer Discussions is an educational interior design podcast on marketing, PR and related business topics. We also provide in-depth, actionable products in the Marketing Studio including time-saving templates and guides to help design professionals grow their businesses.
Download our FREE Client Avatar Guide https://designerdiscussionsmarketing.studio/store.
Designer Discussions is a partnership of three experts: Jason Lockhart, CEO of KABMS; Maria Martin, founder of DesignAppy; and Mirjam Lippuner, founder of Get Ink DIY.
Click on the links below for the transcript (show notes) and links referenced in this episode: