● You have to give something first before you can get or ask for anything.
● Two prime examples from the world of marketing:
○ Doing PR is based on reciprocity: to get the press you want you have to first give the journalist what they need.
○ Your email newsletter should provide 80% valuable content and only 20% about you, so your reader is engaged and interested.
○ On social media, use a similar approach. Provide lots of entertaining and informative content before asking for anything.
○ On your website, offer people something special to build trust and likeability.
○ Client gifts are key during and after working on a project.
● If you give freely, people are likely to reciprocate!
Learn more about the Designer Discussions hosts at https://www.designerdiscussions.com/
Click on the links below for the transcript (show notes) and links referenced in this episode:
Links are in the footer on this page or on the contact us page
Back to All Episodes
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.