● A press release is an official statement delivered to members of the news media for the purpose of providing information, an official statement, or making an announcement.
● Purpose is to announce something, for example:
○ Company launch
○ New products/services
○ New hires
○ New clients/partnerships
○ Company growth
○ Exhibiting, speaking at event
○ New office location
○ Charitable activities
● What goes in a press releases:
○ Ask: who cares?
○ Who, what, when, where, why
○ Facts only - no fluff or salesy language
● Hire a professional to write it!
Below is the link to the PR example Mirjam discussed in this episode:
To get more info on PR and for questions related to press releases, reach out to Mirjam on https://www.getinkdiy.com/
Click on the links below for the transcript (show notes) and links referenced in this episode: